2004 Seagrave Rescue Pumper
Station 28 at 1425 Annapolis road was originally constructed to improve the Odenton Fire Company’s access to the community. The original firehouse at 1416 Odenton Road, in the vicinity of the current MARC Station, was located behind two active railroad lines, and with the increase of train traffic in support of World War II, the company was often delayed in responding to the surrounding area by stopped or passing trains. The Firehouse with two engine bays was completed in late 1943 at a cost of $5800. The station’s next major addition came about in August of 1951, when the Fire Company added a third engine bay at a cost of $1500. In 1963 the station was again enlarged with the addition of a connected building with four more engine bays, an adjacent social hall, and the conversion of the two bays of the original firehouse into living and sleeping quarters. In 2016, the renovations totally modernized and expanded the living quarters into the “end bay” that was originally constructed in 1951.
Station 28 is home to the strongest Volunteer Fire Company in Anne Arundel County and currently houses two engines, a truck, a Basic Life Support Ambulance, and an AACOFD Medic unit that respond to more than 5,000 calls annually.